Thursday 12 May 2016

Evaluation Question 1

In what ways does your media use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


Digipak
For the creation of my digipak I gained a lot of inspiration from ASAP Rocky's album 'Long Live ASAP'. This was because I really liked the darker colours throughout as I feel it gives it an edge and something different than the usual in your face colour schemes used by artists and bands to catch the viewers eye. So I worked on this theory and started to create my own digipak. When I did this I did take a lot of inspiration from this album but I wanted my own twist on it and create something even more special than this. I did use a similar convention by using the grey, black and white colour scheme but I added a picture that ran through the middle of this digipak, I turned this picture from colour to black and white to keep this convention s I feel it looks better and will give my digipak its own selling point in an individual way. However, with the font on the front cover I took inspiration from Drake's album 'If You're Reading This It's Too Late'. However, I wanted to challenge this convention and instead of having the writing really spaced put and sort of look un-neat, I still had the effect of something writing this by hand but made it appear a little neater to give my digipak and more professional look but still taking the inspiration from this album.

Music Video
The music video that I created had aspects from many of the videos that I analysed in my previous blog posts. The main aspect that I took inspiration from was the Lil Wayne video because I really thought that the video was telling a story through the facial expressions of the artists and the use pf colours throughput the video. Therefore, I challenged this convention when creating my video because I didn't want different colours coming into the video at different times, I opted to keep the colour the same throughout but made facial expressions a big part of the video. I also took inspiration from Dan Croll's video because of the staring contest throughout the video and the way the actors are always look ing into the camera. I used this idea as I thought it was a brilliant way to present this song and to present the video as it will tell the story of the lyrics being sung. Dan Croll also kept everything simple but effective which was another idea I took inspiration from because I didn't want the video to be too complicated but still wanted it to be desirable, which I thought I achieved with the final viewing of my video. The Kanye West music video I thought was very unique but had a great convention which was to keep a black background throughout the video. I took inspiration from this and took it on board as believed it would have the effect that I was after when creating my music video.

Magazine Poster
For my magazine poster I wanted to use the same convention as my digipak to show continuity and so viewers will be able to recognise who's poster it is without having to ask about or research it, or even have to properly read into it. I used the same convention as my digipak because of the picture that is used on the front of both, also I used the same font in the middle of the cloud of smoke. Which is me changing the convention of Drake's album and hopefully succeeding it. However, I did do research on magazine posters and I found that I really liked posters with black background and white font over it as I feel it stands out the most and will have the best chance of catching the potential viewers eye in any situation. Also, I feel it brings a sense of professionalism aswell as it makes it look neat and will appear well edited. All of this was what I wanted to include in my magazine poster which I feel I achieved as well as possible.









No comments:

Post a Comment