Thursday 12 May 2016

Evaluation Question 4

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Throughout the whole process of creating my coursework I was able to use an iMac when I was in school as they provided it and I also used a Macbook which was my own which allowed me to take to and from school so I could complete work easier. The softwares and applications that I used in this whole process was;
Final cut pro - I used this software to allow me to be able to edit my music video as it was already downloaded onto the iMac's at school which was easy to pick up and learn how to use. It took me a lesson or two to get to gris with it. This software was very useful as it was easy to navigate around once I knew how to use it and was the best software available to me for the creation of my music video.
Blogger - This piece of software was the most important out of them all due to the fact that all of the coursework had to be submitted on this website. It is very easy to navigate around and know how to use, and is very good for updated and publishing blog posts. Also, a big positive of this website is that nay work that is produced will automatically be saved which was handy in a few circumstances.
Youtube - I sed this piece of software to upload my music video to once completed. I have been using Youtube for years now so I knew how to navigate my way around the site straight away and was a good way of getting my music video out there and onto the internet. This upload was a quick and simple process which was expected. Plus, I used this piece of software for research and planning aswell as it has many videos on there which were useful for me to use.
Photoshop - I used the software last year for my AS coursework so I knew how to use it straight away. I feel this is the best way for creating posters and for the creation of my digipak as you can add so many features and it isn't hard to use either. This also helped with the desired look I was after which was to show my work in a professional light which I feel that I achieved.]
Google - This was very important in the whole of my coursework for many different reasons. It helped me greatly with my research and planning as anything I wanted to view was there ready to be searched for on Google. I used many websites that I found from google throughout the process of my coursework such as; UK Tribes, Twitter, Instagram and many more which are useful for the researching task.
Twitter - I used this application for the creation of a twitter account for my band and for free promotional purposes. This is a great way to get your band out there and is most of all free to use. This is a great way of advertisement as there are so many people who have the app and even people who do not follow you can still view your tweets and images posted which I feel is a great advantage over other bands / artists without the application.

I used all of these applications on either the iMac at school or my Macbook that I have. They were all easily accessible and the ones that you had to pay for were already on the iMac's at school so it gave me a great range of option to choose from. Overall, these softwares and applications helped me with the creation of all of my coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment