Thursday 12 May 2016

Evaluation Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Digipak
The digipak that I created was a conventional idea which included many pieces of inspiration from other artists that I have shown in my final product. The reason behind this was because of the target audience in mind and the way I wanted my work to be presented in the most professional light as possible. The direct link from my digipak to the music video itself was very subtle in the way I went about this, this was because of the image in the digipak was a simple yet effective image that shown the effectiveness of little details. Also, the use of a clear background related to the video because of the all white background in the video helps the costumes and performers stand out which will be the same for the text and images used on my digipak. This is a slightly different convention to most indie bands approach on digipacks, but I believe it is good to stand out from the rest and be unique. However, the video used is a stereotypical video as it is the performers in a studio but I feel the shots used still show its uniqueness. Therefore, I believe this shows all of the qualities to be a successful music video which was the desired affect.

Magazine poster
The intention of my magazine poster is to be similar to the digipak that I created because it shows a sense of continuity and professionalism. This was a simple yet effective design chosen as it has all of the qualities to stand out to the audience as also a sense of mystery of the band due to the graphic chosen. This is because I wanted the viewers to be intrigued by the band and for them to want to see who the band were and for them to be interested in their music, this was a selling point that I thought could help with my poster. This will mean that the audience will get a real life view of how the band are in concert or watching the music video created and give them a better representation of their music and attitudes. This utilises the simple idea I have chosen to use and brings it out in a positive and successful light I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment